§ 2 Party responsible for processing data
(1) The party responsible for processing data on this website pursuant to Art. 7 para. 7 of GDPR is the association Cats at Andros e.V. represented by the association´s board.
(2) A data security officer pursuant to Art. 37 of GDPR is not appointed.
§ 3 Legal bases collection and processing of data of members and third parties
(1) The association collects and processes only data that are required for the association’s activities and for the pursuit of the association’s goals (e.g. membership and donation management or operation of a association website). The legal basis for this are the provisions listed in Art. 3 para. 2 of GDPR.
(2) Data of members and third parties may be collected and processed by the association if:
- the consent of the data subject has been obtained (Art. 6 para. 1 letter a) of GDPR),
- this is necessary to fulfill a contract or for measures preliminary to a contract with these persons (Article 6 para. 1 letter b) of GDPR),
- there is a legal obligation of the party responsible (Art. 6 para. 1 letter c) of GDPR),
- the association has a legitimate interest in it and it is not recognizable that the legitimate interests of those affected conflict (Art. 6 para. 1 letter f) of GDPR).
§ 4 Joining the association
(1) By joining by a member, the association collects the following personal data:
- Full name
- Complete address
- Date of birth
- Contact details (telephone, e-mail)
- Bank account (for pursuing the association´s goals, e.g. for the correlation of donations or payment of expenses in the context of the association´s activities)
(2) Each association member is assigned a membership number.
(3) With the application for membership in the association, the applicant will be informed about the data protection legal information pursuant to Art. 13 para. 1 and para. 2 of GDPR.
(4) The personal data is stored in an internal data processing system, which is protected against unauthorized access by third parties.
§ 5 Exit of the association
(1) When members leave, all stored data is archived. The archived data will also be protected against the access of third parties. The archived data may only be used for internal purposes.
(2) Personal data of the leaving member concerning the cash management of the association shall be kept for up to ten calendar years from the effectiveness of the withdrawal by the association in accordance with the tax regulations. Afterwards this data will be deleted.
§ 6 Directory of members, publication of member data
(1) Member directories are handed out only to board members and other members who perform a special function in the association according to statutes and/or association regulations (for example treasurer and cash auditor).
(2) If a member credibly claims that it needs a members directory list to exercise its legal or statutory rights (e.g. to request the convening of a general assembly within the framework of the minority request), the association´s board shall provide a copy of the membership list with first name, surname and address as printout or as file. The member must previously provide assurance that this data will be used exclusively for this purpose and will be destroyed after use.
§ 7 Rights
(1) Insofar as the conditions described in the respective regulations are met, association members and third parties from whom data have been collected, in particular the following rights:
- the right to information pursuant to Art. 15 of GDPR
- the right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 of GDPR
- the right to to cancellation pursuant to Art. 17 of GDPR
- the right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 of GDPR
- the right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 of GDPR
- the right of objection pursuant to Art. 21 of GDPR
§ 8 Right of complaint to a regulatory authority
(1) Association members and third parties, from whom data have been collected, may file a complaint with the competent regulatory authorities pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR.
(2) The supervisory authority for the filing of data protection complaints is the Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BlnBDI).
§ 9 Collection of personal data when visiting the association’s website
(1) When visiting the association’s website, the following data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 letter f) of GDPR are collected that the browser of the user transmit to the server and are technically necessary for the use of the website:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time Zone Difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the requirement (precise page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Transmitted amount of data
- Website from which the request comes
- Browser used, browser version and language
- Operating system used
- Name of the access provider
(2) When contacted by e-mail or via a contact or inquiry form, the transmitted data is stored to process the requests. The data resulting in this context are deleted when the storage is no longer required.
§ 10 Data security when visiting the association´s website
(1)This site uses SSL encryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection in your browser’s address line when it changes from “http://” to “https://” and the lock icon is displayed in your browser’s address bar.
(3) Cookies which are necessary to allow electronic communications or to provide certain functions you wish to use (such as the adoption inquiry) are stored pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1, letter f) of GDPR.
§ 12 Use of Jetpack (formerly WordPress.com Stats) in the association´s website
(1) The association´s website uses the analysis service Jetpack (formerly: WordPress.com-Stats) to analyze and optimize the use of the website. This service will also be used to help protect the security of the site, e.g. as the detection of attacks or viruses. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the US, Automattic Inc. has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield – see: https://www.privacyshield.gov. Jetpack is used on the website with an extension, which is processed shortened IP addresses immediately after their collection, so as to exclude a person-related correlation.
(3) Third Party Information: Automattic Inc., 6029th Street # 343, San Francisco, CA 94110-4929, USA, https://automattic.com/privacy, and the third party tracking technology: Quantcast Inc., 201 3 rd St, Floor 2, San Francisco, CA 94103-3153, USA, https://www.quantcast.com/privacy.
§ 13 YouTube
(1) Our website uses plugins from YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
(3) Cats at Andros e.V. has no knowledge of the potential collection and use of data by YouTube. Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
§ 14 Social-Media-Buttons
(1) The content on our pages can be shared on other social networks like Facebook or Twitter. In order to use these services, but still protect the privacy of visitors, social media buttons with privacy protection are used.
(2) Typically, these social media buttons cause every visitor to a page to be immediately tracked by these services with their IP address and their other activity logged on the Internet. This happens even if the user does not click on one of the buttons. To prevent this, the “Shariff Method” is used on the association’s website. The social media buttons only establish direct contact between the social network and the visitor when the latter actively clicks on the button. Visitors can share content from the association’s website on social networks without being able to create complete surf profiles.
(3) Cats at Andros e.V. uses the Shariff method to take the privacy interests of its visitors into account as far as is possible with the current state of the art. More about the Shariff method used can be found at https://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/Shariff-Social-Media-Buttons-mit-Datenschutz-2467514.html.
§ 15 Donation and support functions
(1) In addition to being able to donate directly to the association´s account, Cats at Andros e.V. also offers other third-party donation and support functions on its website.